[THIN] Semi- OT - Remote Printing

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 09:16:29 -0800

Hello,

Here is my situation, we have terminal servers running Windows server
2003 standard, users connect with a Wyse thin client and we have Zebra
TLP 2844 label printers using a D-Link DP-301P+ print server device. The
application is Crystal Reports (v7) and the user is printing 4" X 2"
labels. Several of these work just fine, but others do not, it does not
matter how many labels they choose to print, the last one takes an extra
40 seconds, so for example if they choose 3, as soon as they hit PRINT,
4 seconds till the first label comes out, about 3 seconds for the
second, and then 35 to 40 seconds for the last one. I have checked the
setting from one system to another and they all appear to set the same,
this happens even on my test setup which is 3 feet from the server as
well as systems down the street.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thank You

~Doug Rooney