[THIN] Re: Selective display of apps on WI w/ 2 factor

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 22:31:08 +0800

I would love to be able to selectively display apps on our WI according
to the location or factorisation.  We have been asked the same question
by our security team.

The main problem with two site suggestion as far as I can see is the
preventing the apps from appearing on the single factor site.  I think
the creation of another farm would be the go but this would mean
upgrading to MF 3.0 and creating another farm...

I would love to see another attribute on the published app...something
like require two factor authentication or WI server addresses.

For your comment
Mk

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"

>>> JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 30/06/2004 22:13:09 >>>
Whoa, I just thought I was at a Citrix Certification exam after that
one...

I don't know of any way to be that selective with WI, there very well
might
be a way, but if so, I don't know what it is.  Have you thought about
using
Virtualization software on your MF box like Microsoft virtual
pc/server.
That way you could build two MF boxes on one piece of hardware, silo
out the
standard apps on one MF box and present them to one WI box, and silo
out the
sensitive app to the other server and present it to the other WI
server?
Just an idea...

/jL