[THIN] Re: Security Denying Printer?

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 07:37:08 -0700

There are a few HP printers that for some reason require admin rights for a
user to get the drivers/settings into their profile.  Try giving your user
admin rights so that they can map the printer and then take away the
rights.  Of course the user will need to logout and then back in again to
verify that it worked.

adma

                      "Jonathan Neffgen"

                      <j.neffgen@zodiac-ma        To:
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      ritime.com>                 cc:

                      Sent by:                    Subject:  [THIN] Security
Denying Printer?
                      thin-bounce@freelist

                      s.org

                      03/06/2003 07:01 AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

One of our remote sites has installed a new HP LJ 1200n on their network.
The printer is set up successfully and working without any problems over
the
network and internet.

I have installed the HP LJ 1200n driver on our Citrix server and if I use
an
administrator account to log into Citrix, the printer is mapped correctly
and works without any problems.

If I log in with a regular user account on Citrix the print is not mapped
at
all and if I try and add it manually, I'm given the error message:

"You do not have sufficient access to your machine to connect to the
selected printer."

I have followed the fix suggested on the below page to no avail and there
are no settings in our Group Policy which could be causing this.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q259/9/37.asp

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get Citrix to automatically map this
printer for non-administrators?  Why is it behaving differently to the
other
printer?

Regards,

Jonathan.