[THIN] Security Denying Printer?

  • From: "Jonathan Neffgen" <j.neffgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:01:31 -0000

One of our remote sites has installed a new HP LJ 1200n on their network.
The printer is set up successfully and working without any problems over the
network and internet.

I have installed the HP LJ 1200n driver on our Citrix server and if I use an
administrator account to log into Citrix, the printer is mapped correctly
and works without any problems.

If I log in with a regular user account on Citrix the print is not mapped at
all and if I try and add it manually, I'm given the error message:

"You do not have sufficient access to your machine to connect to the
selected printer."

I have followed the fix suggested on the below page to no avail and there
are no settings in our Group Policy which could be causing this.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q259/9/37.asp

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get Citrix to automatically map this
printer for non-administrators?  Why is it behaving differently to the other
printer?

Regards,

Jonathan.