[THIN] Re: Securing Citrix through the web

  • From: "Kevin Stewart" <kevin.g.stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:40:24 -0400

You can absolutely run everything on one server. If you only have one
server, you could look at the SSL Relay component. It comes with MPS
and is used to "proxy" ssl traffic to the Presentation Server
listening on port 1494. Because its ssl it is certificate and PKI
secure. The only problem with everything on the same box is that SSL
Relay uses port 443, which you also need for WI. But again, the CSG is
free, can be installed on the same server, and can proxy traffic to
the WI on some other port. So in a round-about way, I'm saying that
the CSG is your best bet and it can be installed on a single server
with everything else.

Kevin Stewart

On 5/14/07, Jobe Gates <jgates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm looking for a solution that can secure Citrix through the web.  I know
you can use CSG but I've got a small customer where this may not be
feasible.  Are there any other options?  What do you normally do for small
sites?  Can you run MPS 4, WI and CSG on the same box?

Thanks,

Jobe

--
Kevin G. Stewart