[THIN] Re: Second session under windows 2008 64bit

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 20:40:32 -0400

Wouldn't it be session sharing at that point and just launching the app on the
same server as the first session with out actually starting a second session.

Try turning off session  Sharing on the server and see if the gives you the
result that you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 13, 2010, at 9:52, Berny Stapleton <berny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Does anyone on list currently have problems with Windows 2008 64bit (All
> current patches) using Group Policy Preferences and a second session to the
> server for the same user occasionally not getting their drive mappings?
>
> We had this problem a lot under SP2 and went from merge mode to replace and
> that seemed to fix it, after getting SP3 approved and rolled out we went back
> to merge mode without hassle.
>
> We are seeing the session login in the security event log, but even with
> group policy preferences tracing enabled, we aren't seeing anything in the
> logs for the user session...
>
> Any suggesions, or does someone have a case open at the moment about this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Berny
//www.freelists.org/list/thin
Follow ThinList on Twitter