[THIN] Seamless Java Problem with HTTPS

  • From: "SteveC" <stevec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:19:29 -0500

This is trickier than it should be.  Any comments welcome.

No NFuse installed. Only Win2K with MF-XP/SP3.

MetaFrame server runs IIS to serve HTML (with Java Client configuration
options in an applet tag). The same MetaFrame server also runs the SSL
gateway as a service, and all activity goes through this HTTPS port only.

I can publish an app, create an HTML page with all of the <applet>
parameters I need, and get the program to launch inside the browser window.
But if I change the parameters to run seamless with the Connection Center
applet, the applet starts but the program failes to launch with an error
"the archives requored to make an SSL connection are not available".
I know they are available, because everything is found when the app is run
non-seamless.

Maybe there is a problem with my HTML file?  Is there a special
applet-param-tag configuration option needed when running through Connection
Center?

<applet name="javaclient"
code=com.citrix.ConnectionCenter
codebase="/components/"
archive="JICA-coreN.jar,JICA-configN.jar,JICA-seamlessN.jar"
width="900"
height="500">

<param name="cabinets"
value="JICAEngM.cab,cryptojM.cab,sslM.cab,JICA-configM.cab,JICA-seamlessM.ca
b">
<param name="Language" value="en">
<param name="Start" value="auto">
<param name="End" value="Manual">
<param name="ShowStatusBar" value="no">
<param name="ShowSettingsButton" value="no">
<param name="client.wfclient.UseHostname" value="off">
<param name="client.wfclient.Clientname" value="test">
<param name="Address" value="VB6 Test App 01">
<param name="InitialProgram" value="#VB6 Test App 01">

<param name="Compress" value="on">
<param name="Maximumcompression" value="on">
<param name="PersistentCacheEnabled" value="on">

<param name="MouseTimer" value="300"> <!-- default=150 0=disabled -->

<param name="BrowserProtocol" value="HTTPonTCP">
<param name="SSLEnable" value="on">
<param name="SSLCiphers" value="all">
<param name="SSLNoCACerts" value="1">
<param name="SSLCACert0" value="apps.atomic9.net.der.crt">
<param name="HttpBrowserAddress" value="apps.atomic9.net:33240">
<param name="SSLProxyHost" value="apps.atomic9.net">
<param name="SSLProxyPortNumber" value="6503">

<param name="EncryptionLevel" value="1">

<param name="ProxyType" value="none">
<param name="user.wfclient.UseAlternateAddress" value="0">

<param name="TWIMode" value="on">
</applet>

Getting crazy.  Thanks.

This Week's Sponsor - Chip PC - The Next Step in Thin Client Technology.
Choose from a wide range of options offering industry-leading, innovative thin
client solutions
http://www.chippc.com/products/hardware/index.asp