[THIN] SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege Error on Lockdown

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <ronj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin Net Newsgroup" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:39:50 -0500

I have setup a GPO to lockdown a particular user account.  The GPO runs
after the main TS GPO and security rights allow only the user to run it.
This restricted GPO has all desktop icons off, no rights to task
manager, run etc.  Start menu only has option to logout (even though
there is a programs/start menu with nothing).

I have setup in this GPO under User config/admin templates/system/logon
- to run a particular program at logon.  This program runs fine when
they login, but before that, I get this error.

The operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer, please contact your sys admin.

In the event log is Event id 577 with the subject line above as the last
bit of info in the event.

This user has domain user member rights as do all others.  Any quick way
to find out what program is trying to run, that is failing due to
security?

Regards,

Ron Jameson

This Week's Sponsor:  RES PowerFuse, The Management Framework for Windows
Eliminate Multiple Tools, Multiple Support Channels and Multiple Costs
Manage, Control, and Secure an Entire Windows environment with Ease, including
Real-time Reporting and Documenting Components
Validate a Meaningful ROI on All of your IT Investments with RES PowerFuse.
http://www.respowerfuse.com/