[THIN] Scripting issue

  • From: "Nick Smith" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 13:06:39 -0000

I want to map drives for my users based on their department. I know I
can use %username% within the TS global policy for their Home Directory,
but in addition to this I want to give them a Deparmental Directory,
based on an attribute in AD, so want to use a syntax along the lines of;

Net use U: \\server01\users\%username%
Net use u: \\server01\users\%departmentname%

I know I can do this by putting them into different groups/OUs, and
assigning a different script to each, but I ideally want one script
which I can then edit to affect everyone;

Net use U: \\server02\users\%username%
Net use u: \\server02\users\%departmentname%

This is part of our *extremely* cheap (Whoops - I meant
"resource-efficient", of course) fallover routine!

So: how can I can access an AD attribute in a logon script? Do I need to
use something more powerful than just a abtch file such as Kix or
Vbscript? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com