[THIN] Scripting OS + Metaframe query - bright ideas required!!

  • From: "Anthony Saliba" <anthony_salibas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 16:20:17 +1000

Hi

Im looking at scripting the following:

1.Windows 2000 Advanced Server

2.Netware 4.83 client
Windows 2000 SP2
IE 5.5 SP2
OS Hotfixes

3. Metaframe XPe
Metaframe hotfixes

Im a little confused..  I have successfully scripted the OS (1) via
unattend.txt (standard OS scripting).  I have the components in section 2
scripted in the cmdlines.txt file.  My question is, can I simply continue to
add to the cmdlines.txt file for items in Section 3?  Can I go one step
further and add Netshield 4.5, Office 2000 etc?  If an app is installed via
this file, will it be installed in "install mode" - ie the equivalent of
change user /install?

How do people out there script their installs?  Does anyone have good
doco/examples on this.  I got all the doco I can find from MS + Citrix so I
know how to silently install everything, just not sure where I should be
launching the install from..

Any ideas appreciated

Thanks
Anthony