[THIN] Re: Script to cleanup Roaming Profiles Share?

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: THIN <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 09:42:32 -0500

Hi Paul,
I replied in the Citrix FB forum but I will post here too for others
benefit.  When I worked for the library we had this same setup. I worked
with a local vendor we had, WMSoftware to come up with a solution called
ProfileJet that solves at least the first issue you are having.  I have
since talked to the developers and suggested they possibly add what you are
looking for in the other two steps.  They said that they already have most
of the other 2 steps in other software titles they offer (deleting things
by age) and they could be worked into ProfileJet.

As I stated a big part of the issue with W2K8 is getting the proper
directory permissions to take control of the profiles so that they can be
deleted.  WMSoftware built in a 1 click take control feature for admins to
get permissions on the profiles.  That one feature makes it worth whatever
cost you would pay for the product in my opinion.

At any rate I do suggest you download a trial and check out the features to
see if it could get you at least half way there if you haven't already.
http://www.wmsoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=376&Itemid=291

Oh and here is a script to delete files older than so many days from
TechNet...
http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Delete-files-older-than-x-13b29c09

You could add this to ProfileJet scheduled tasks after you use the 1 click
take control feature.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig

*Jim Kenzig