[THIN] Re: Screen save password

  • From: "Edward VanDewars" <evandewars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:06:38 -0400

Why don't you set the screensaver on the client instead of the server
session?

On 10/26/06, Matthew Shrewsbury <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a number of users that access a published desktop. Because of security concerns they have a screen saver kick in after 20 minutes of no activate and it requires a password.

My problem is people leave and I need to shutdown their desktop session so
I shadow them and find the screen saver on. I don't have their password so I
can't gracefully close down there session. Is there a screen saver that
allows an admin to over ride it without logging off the session so I can
close their apps gracefully? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

*Matthew Shrewsbury, *MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA Server+

Network Manager