[THIN] Sasser patch

  • From: Kevin Lawson <kevin.lawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 10:50:58 +0100

One of the things sp4 for w2k does is make a check on the ownership of the
roaming profile before loading it.  SP4 also includes an addition to group
policy to allow you to disallow this.  I have installed the sasser patch on
one of our servers (w2k sp3) and this sp4 behaviour is now happening but
without the item in group policy to disallow it.

The only way I can get round this is by logging in as the user onto another
server and then reclaim the ownership of the profile.  Is there anyway to
get the group policy check installed or is there a utility or command where
I can reset the ownership of a profile?

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers

Kevin Lawson