[THIN] Samsung Laser Printer and TSE

  • From: Steve Snyder <steven_snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:32:44 -0800 (PST)

Win2K TSE w/SP3 - I can print to a Samsung ML-1200
Series printer from IE6, notepad, wordpad, Test Page,
etc., but when I print from an Office97 app, I get an
error box -

Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current
printer setup.
Try one or more of the following:
* Check the printer by printing a test page from
Windows.
* Make sure the printer is turned on and online.
* Reinstall the printer driver.

When I try to print from Outlook2K I get:
There was an error when printing started. To check the
printer setup, double-click the Printers icon in
Windows Control Panel. There's a button titled Web
Printing Info which takes me to Q223414.

I have turned off the Advanced printing features, and
I have tried reinstalling the driver.

The drivers are from the vendor (Version-2), and this
printer does not support PCL.

Has anyone ever made the ML-1200 work in Win2K TSE? If
not, has anyone ever seen (and resolved) this issue
with any other printer?

http://platinum.yahoo.com