[THIN] Re: SV: Re: Off-Topic AD

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 13:06:55 -0000

That rather depends on how groups / users / objects are enumerated.

These days (given AD) LDAP should be the method. And various methods for
dealing with locating objects within AD, are available.

It's only poorly-written, or secure ;-) (delete as appropriate) that
should require hard-coded locations within an LDAP / AD hierarchy.

GPO stuff is a different proposition, though.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.