[THIN] Re: STI_TRACE.log

  • From: "Rick Mack" <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 08:20:34 +1000

Hi Michael,

Don't sweat about it.

It's the Still Image Monitor service, now Windows Image Acquisition, that
provides image acquisition services for scanners and cameras. It's probably
not doing anything useful for you so I'd be tempted to disable the service.

regards,

Rick

--
Ulrich Mack
www.commander.com

On 6/22/07, Boggan, Michael <Michael.Boggan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Some of our helpdesk people have mentioned that they are have started
seeing the sti_trace.log file in users profiles and it is locked and cannot
be deleted.  Does anyone know what causes this file?  Is it something that
is needed, etc.?  Is it something we can just ignore or can it be the sign
of a problem?

Thanks,

*Michael Boggan*