[THIN] Re: STA port number change?

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:03:41 -0700

Your steps are absolutely correct.
If you keep STA behind DMZ -- use SSL, i.e. port 443 to please your firewall
folks.

Some people from this group suggested using the same IIS that is used in
conjunction with XML service, i.e. drop STA on MetaFrame.

I personal like my STAs "rock solid", so scenario with MetaFrame deployment
of STA does not fit the bill (for single MetaFrame box it is probably OK).

I always deploy STA within DMZ paying attention to secure STA from outside
access. Again SSL is not important -- only denial of service attacks if STA
is downed or busy.
If you like to save some money ? drop STA on a multi-homed NFuse box (it
will support independent load balancing for STAs and NFuse). DO NOT deploy
STA on CSG box!

I will pay more attention to XML service and MAKE SURE that it is not on
default port 80, but protected with SSL (free home-grown certificates are
OK)!

ALEX