[THIN] Re: STA and SSL Relay ?

  • From: hboogz <hboogz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 15:12:15 -0500

Thanks Carl.

The reason i ask about this configuration is because the license server is
going to installed on this box as well.

Since the license server requires that IIS to be installed, hence my
confusion about IIS and SSL.

considering i'm going to have IIS on this box, what would you recommend ?

On 11/9/06, Carl Stalhood <cstalhood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 By default, the STA is built into the independent XML service.

It is far easier and preferable to simply ignore IIS and use SSLRelay to
SSL encrypt the XML service.

If you want IIS to handle the STA, Citrix has a KB article on how to share
XML with IIS after PS is installed. It is quite a few steps so it is easier
to share with IIS during the install of PS. Once XML (which includes STA) is
sharing with IIS, then you can implement SSL on IIS.

Note, you can do both the IIS sharing (port 80/443) and the independent
XML service (port 88).

If you install PS and configure it to share with IIS, after the install
you can install the independent XML service. Simply run CTXXMLSS /R088. Then
open Services and start the Citrix XML Service.