[THIN] Re: SSL Certs & WI

  • From: Gene Herman <hermang@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:16:58 -0400

One possible cause is the the DNS name doesn't match the server name.

When we first setup Nfuse we ordered certs that said for example ( not the
real one for obvious reasons)

NFUSE - CT-xxxyy.domainname.com
CSG -   - CT-aaabb.domainname.com

Fine - but once corporate put eveything behind the fire wall when you went
to the corporate website and clicked on associate login you were redirected
to a dns entry that did not match the server name of the Nfuse server. and
you got the error.

Now that we have an F5 in place - the certs we generated for the F5 are the
real name you get to and the cert error goes away.