[THIN] Re: SQL license for datastore on a MS SQL server

  • From: "Stansel, Paul" <Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:55:00 -0500

Ahhh, the great SQL license debate :).  You will get different answers =
to be
honest.  My M$ rep told me that you only need a license for the boxes =
that
connect directly to the SQL server (i.e. the data collector).  Others =
have
reported getting different answers.

-Paul

> ----------
************************************************************************=
**
> *
> This Week's Sponsor: New Wyse(R) Expedian(TM)software maximizes your
> server capacity--cost-effectively. Now you can dramatically increase =
the
> number of users on a server by as much as 40%--and reduce the number =
of
> servers you have to manage. By optimizing memory usage, Wyse Expedian
> software allows the terminal server to support more applications and =
more
> concurrentusers. Download your 30-day free trial today at:
> =
http://www.wyse.com/expedian/eval.cfm?promo=3DUS-Ad-0103TheThinNetNewsle=
tter
http://www.wyse.com/expedian/eval.cfm?promo=US-Ad-0103TheThinNetNewsletterEM