[THIN] Re: SQL Replication possible long term problems?

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:33:46 -0600

We had it setup in a lab using Merge replication, which seemed just fine
but is un supported. We are now changing it to transactional replication
with that two phase commit setup for updating. We have not tested this
yet completely yet to say yea or nay to it.

Anyway by there directions in the Advanced concepts guide for FR2 this
is the type of replication you want (also they are missing a step to
configure the subscribers properly after setting up the distributor,
hopefully I will have it all documented this week).

I will let you know what our testing reveals but Merge did seem to work.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp