[THIN] Re: SQL 2005 data store replication

  • From: Andy Friar <Andy.Friar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 15:26:53 +0000

Depends on the context Webster and what tools are available. If the SQL server
is virtualised there are easier ways to have a DR copy of the entire virtual
box than using SQL db replication.

I suppose at the end of the day it comes down to cost.

Rgds

Andy

________________________________

________________________________

________________________________

[cid:novusgrouplogo523e.jpg]

Andy Friar

Technical Consultant

01260 292500

M       07720 470551
F       01260 292505
E       Andy.Friar@xxxxxxxxxxx

Novus Networks Ltd

The Old Corn Mill
Congleton Road
Siddington
Macclesfield
SK11 9JR

The information in this E-Mail is intended for the named recipients only. It
may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not copy, distribute or take any action or place
reliance on it. If you have received this E-Mail in error, please notify the
sender immediately by using the E-Mail address and then delete the message. The
views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily those of Novus
Networks. Company Reg No 3858005

Disclaimer added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010
www.codetwo.com<http://www.codetwo.com>

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Webster
Subject: [THIN] SQL 2005 data store replication

I remember a long time ago setting up data store replication on Windows 2000
using SQL 2000 and it wasn't that hard for a non SQL person.  The document to
setup replication using SQL 2005 SP2 looks daunting (CTX118229).   Is there an
easier way to setup DS replication using SQL 2005 for a non SQL person?

Webster

JPEG image