[THIN] Re: SQL 2000 sp2

  • From: "Hoesly,Rob" <RHOESLY@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:27:53 -0500

Brian,

What network protocol (Microsoft SQL Server DSN Configuration | Client
Configuration button) did you use to connect from the Citrix server to your
SQL Server?

I have seen the behavior you describe if using Multiprotocol and the SQL
Server is in a DMZ or other network segment that may not have all the
correct ports/forwarding behavior defined.

To make things simple, we usually use TCP/IP (Named Pipes are default) and
we've never had a problem. You can also change the port that TCP/IP uses
(1433 by default) on your SQL Server and Clients if you are concerned about
someone sniffing port 1433.

Also, we normally use SQL authentication to connect from the Citrix servers.
Hope that helps!

Robert L. Hoesly, CCA (XP/1.8)
Senior Analyst
Advanced Technology Group - End User Computing Services
Cerner Corporation
2800 Rockcreek Parkway
Kansas City, MO 64117