[THIN] Re: SP4 rollup 1

  • From: ecrabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:44:18 -0400

When I applied the rollup the blue screen was not limited to W2K clients.
We got the blue screen with random clients.  I saw that the processor was
pegged.  I tried to apply the Citrix patch but it would not install.
Finally gave up and removed the rollup and all of my servers are not
running as they were.  In my opinion the rollup just is not worth the
hassle.

Eileen Crabtree
Systems Administrator
Guardian Industries Corp.

             Adam.Baum@cityofm
             esa.org
             thin-bounce@freel         thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             ists.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/30/2005 12:34          [THIN] SP4 rollup 1
             PM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I have a server running W2K SP4 with the rollup.  I was experiencing the
main problem that others have spoken of so I applied the Citrix rollup.
The only problem I have left is that W2K clients get the blue screen.  All
others work fine.  Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

adam

This Weeks Sponsor: triCerat Inc.
You need Day Zero Protection!
Get Proactive with triCerat's Simplify Suite.
Solve printing, security and profile problems before they occur.
http://www.tricerat.com/?thethintl2

This communication may contain information that is legally privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and delete this message from your
computer. Thank you.