[THIN] Re: SP4 Gotchas

  • From: "Sergio Blum" <sergio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:48:54 -0300

Here, everything is going be all right!
I've seen no one problem with SP4.
My IPSec policies are all right, my ISA is fine, on MF nothing better
happend.
And one user had toll me that his Outlook (with exchange 2k) are faster
than ever - I've not belived him. hehehe

I've sucessfully applies SP4 on Exchane2K, ISA, SQL2K, AD, FS, MOM,
SMS, My policies and IPSec, VPN. Of course I've made a LAB with
everything.

So, here SP4 have had nothing worse and nothing better, instead of
security and breach fix.

Sergio Adriano Blum - www.sisnema.com.br
MCP - MCSA - MCDBA - MCSE - CCA - CCEA
                 ByBLUM Developments

Microsoft Certified System Engineer
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator
Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator

>>> jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/28 10:57 pm >>>
Well I took the plunge and upgraded thethin.net servers to SP4.  I
noticed a
few immediate problems.
1. it reset and cleared out all of my IPSec settings. I had to reset
them
and put them back in and reboot again and reenable IPSec.

2. It appears to put SQL 2000 in a vulnerable state to Slammer as I
started
getting attacked again on port 1433 big time and it was allowing
packets in
and out through my firewall. (how 1433 got opened again in the firewall
is
totally bizarre to me also) IPSec does not seem to be working properly
as I
am only allowing Port 80, 21 and 25 and 1433 is still getting through?
WTF? Anyone else experience this?

Anyone have any ideas? It is a software firewall so I will probably
have to
zero out the app settings and start from scratch again.

At least the webservices, SQL database and cold fusion made it through
and
appear to be working properly.

Regards,
JK

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale
server capacity. Really get MORE from your existing servers! Free
eval:
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130