[THIN] Re: SMA service failure

  • From: "alan tropper" <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 20:58:35 +0800

Generator Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium) Hi Jim,

Thanks for staying with this one. I have ended up changing the local account to
an admin account and the service started.

I have checked the GPO as it' s the same as the other servers where the SMA
starts fine so not sure why the local network account cant start the service.

I also changed some settings in the local security template and added the
account to the WMI services but this didn' t resolve the issue either.

I tried to find something similar for the re-creation SMA_User tool for XenApp
4.5 but as this doesn' t use the same account I couldn' t find anything.

Well the main thing is its working now need to do more digging.

Thanks for all your help Jim!!

Al

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jim Kenzig Sent: Tuesday, 21 July 2009 7:20 PM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject:
[THIN] Re: SMA service failure

Did you make sure that the server version was set at the correct level in the
Citrix Access Console also? Jim Kenzig  Blog: http://www.techblink.com Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kenzig
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM, alan tropper <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Thanks Jim,

I will use the reg hack in future, however the SMA service still wont start so
think its time to kick the server out the window. .again!!!

Cheers

Al

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jim Kenzig Sent: Monday, 20 July 2009 11:23 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [THIN] Re: SMA service failure

I picked this tidbit out of a Patrick Rouse Article on imaging servers on
msterminalservices.org.
After you image a server run the following reg file(copy the below text and
paste it in a text file and name it something .reg and then double click on it)
It has always worked a champ for me. A reboot may be required after running it.
 Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA]
 "ServerHost"=""  [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\RUNTIME]
"PSRequired"=dword:00000001  "ZoneName"=""  "HostName"=""  "HostId"=""
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IMAService]
"Start"=dword:00000004
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Citrix SMA Service]
"Start"=dword:00000004
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CitrixWMIService]
"Start"=dword:00000004
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\cpsvc]
"Start"=dword:00000004  This starts and sets the services proper and the sma
service should start. (If it does the reverse and stops them run it again.)
Regards, Jim Kenzig  Blog: http://www.techblink.com Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kenzig
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 2:58 AM, alan tropper <alan.tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi Legends,

Well since I had no joy with my citrix server as the SMA service just would not
start I decided to cut my losses and re-build from scratch. .however I have
re-built the server and the same issue has popped up. The only thing I can
think of is the server name is the same, could there be some kind of corruption
on the Info Store that sees a different SID for the computer.

I did remove the server from the AMC and uninstall XenApp 4.5 before I
re-built, any ideas??

Alan Tropper