[THIN] Re: SMA_CTXUser account

  • From: "Rick Mack" <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:14:39 +1000

Hi Malcolm,

In your scenario, probably the easiest workable option is to replace the
ctx_smauser with the local system account. You lose a bit of security but
it'll work.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Commander Australia

On 12/22/06, Malcolm Bruton <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all

We currently have policies in place which restrict which accounts can log
on as a service.

Because the SMA_CTXUser account is a local account and the SID will be
different for each server how can I add this to the policy?  I could add the
power users group but of course this grants other members in this group the
ability to log on as a service.

Ideally what i'd like to do is run the Citrix Print services as a domain
account but I need a scripted way to do this across all servers.  Anyone had
any luck with this?

Another option is to set the services to run  as a local system accounts
but again this is not ideal.

Malcolm