[THIN] Re: SAV - Switching to remote administration mode

  • From: "Joe Mulhall" <Joe.Mulhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:12:24 +0100

Ah - Just got it working by adding cmstart.exe to the winlogon>appsetup =
value.

Anything else that'll need repairing after switching modes?

Regards,

Joe Mulhall
MCSE, MCP+I, CCSA

Network Engineer
D'Arcy

>>> Joe.Mulhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 15/10/2002 17:02:53 >>>

Hi all,

Upgrading to Symantec AntiVirus 8.0 has been a problem, so I've followed =
=3D
the document ID 2002090414550048 at Symantec which asks you to switch to =
=3D
remote administration mode, setup AV, then switch back to application =3D
mode.  I was feeling adventurous and followed these instructions only to =
=3D
find that applications don't launch anymore.

The server allows you to login, as the profile tries to load, but is =3D
unable to launch the app (Word/IE).  The CMC shows no changes, I retained =
=3D
the ICA security settings throughout and I've tried republishing the =3D
application.

Is there a way to recover from this situation or is reinstall Citrix/restor=
=3D
e from backup the only option?

Error is:

"Microsoft Word" failed start

The Citrix server is unable to process your request to start this =3D
published application at this time...etc.

Cheers.

Regards,

Joe Mulhall
MCSE, MCP+I, CCSA

Network Engineer
D'Arcy

This weeks sponsor New Moon Canaveral IQ
New Moon Canaveral IQ is an intelligent=20
alternative to Citrix=AB MetaFrame =D6 for=20
delivering and managing centrally-deployed=20
Windows-based applications
http://www.newmoon.com=20

This weeks sponsor New Moon Canaveral IQ
New Moon Canaveral IQ is an intelligent
alternative to Citrix® MetaFrame ? for