[THIN] Running an OpenGL app on CPS 4

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 16:31:10 -0600

We are going to be running some usability tests for a home-grown data
analysis application that uses OpenGL for display. We'll be testing on
Windows 2003 / CPS 4 on IBM HS20 blades. I think it's going to feel more
like a GIS-type application than a CAD or rendering application, if that
categorization helps at all.

Talking with developers, they warned me that they sometimes have
problems with the app on "weird" graphics hardware, but that turning off
hardware acceleration usually solves the problem. If the app can work
without any accceleration, I think that holds promise for this app
actually being usable on a Citrix server.

What advice does anyone have about running OpenGL apps via Citrix?