[THIN] Re: Running alternative browsers on Citrix and/or Terminal Servers

  • From: Mark Guzzo <mark.guzzo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:03:20 -0500

Yea,
My Application Data folder is part of their profile, so I just
disabled the disk cache for firefox. Seems to be running fine. It's
too bad that the config files for Firefox don't understand the
%username% variable.
Incase anyone wants to know, you can disable the disk cache in 3
places (I think).
1: type this in the URL locator...   about:config
and find this line "browser.cache.disk.enable" and set it to "false"
2: with browser closed edit the file "prefs.js" it's located in the
users profile        directory. Add the line
"user_pref("browser.cache.disk.enable", false");"
3: create the file "user.js" in the users profile directory and add
the line above.

If you want to redirect the cache to somewhere else use this line in
either user.js or prefs.js ...
"user_pref("browser.cache.disk.parent_directory","C:\\Path\\Path To Cache");"
**NOTE: Notice the two backslashes for the path separators!