[THIN] Re: Running Outlook.prf once

  • From: "James K. Hathaway" <jhathaway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:30:47 -0800

Yes, but as long as you have a pre-made PRF file, you can manually
recreate the pieces that the custom install wizard puts in the registry
to get this to work.

Relevant Registry path =
HKCU\software\microsoft\office\11.0\Outlook\Setup

    Relevant Keys:

        - FirstRun (dword)

                - This Value has to be either Null, or 0 for a new
update to take affect.

        - First-Run (dword)

                - This Value has to be either Null, or 0 for a new
update to take affect.

        - ImportPRF (REGSZ)

                - This value refers to the PRF file you've previously
created which tells outlook how to configure the user's outlook profile.

Note that the registry path listed above is "HKey_Current_User", meaning
this change is user specific. You can also stage these registry keys
under

HKLM\software\microsoft\windowsnt\terminalservices\install\software\micr
soft\office\11.0\outlook\setup - If you place the values here, then new
windows profiles created on the server would get the PRF file you've
specified when they start outlook.

For existing users / profiles, there are a number of script options you
could use to pipe these new values into their HKCU on login as needed.

HTH