[THIN] Running Login Scripts...

  • From: "Chris Grecsek" <cgrecsek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:41:04 -0700

We have been having an issue where one of our Citrix servers gets stuck at
"running login scripts". We've been working with Citrix, sending them dumps,
etc, etc and we haven't made much progress. The "fix" is to kill/restart the
cpsrv.exe and then users can login again. Users that were on the system have
their printing screwed up and have to reboot their local workstation to get
back to normal - but at least they aren't losing any work/getting booted
from their sessions.

The point of the post is that we've seen this on a few other servers and
when it's happened in the past we've just rebuilt the server as opposed to
trying to address it. Recently we decided that enough was enough and we'd
work with Citrix to help get it resolved and that was fine. Unfortunately
last evening we applied hotfixes 3009, 3047, 3051 to some servers and we now
have 5 servers experiencing the problem. Needless to say, we'll be removing
those hotfixes this evening but wanted to gives folks a head's up or see if
anyone else has been having this.

Cheers,

Chris