[THIN] Re: Run an application in another users session(New Tool On TheThin)

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:08:43 +0800

Alex

You are correct in your evaluation of ping.  But nothing beats a
300ms-500ms ping time to show the users and management that we have to
be smarter with the network (ie packeteer etc) and/or up the bandwidth.

Ping also helps when they think the "internet" is down (ie hotmail, msn
etc) instead of just being blocked...<grin>.

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx 21/11/02 07:10 AM >>>

Interesting code,

Pining however does not test performance of particular connection, since

"the network is slow" might be protocol (check QoS) or app specific.
Testing
ICA latency and throughput is a way to go if we are looking at Citrix
connectivity (functionality is available via Citrix SDKs).

ALEX

>From: Mark Lee <marklee15@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [THIN] Re: Run an application in another users session (New