[THIN] Roaming profile with Domain extension

  • From: "Stratton, Doug ISMC:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 15:57:32 -0800

For some reason we are getting the following problem with our new
servers.

W2k3
XA 4.5
We have Roaming profiles setup
We are in a domain.

But profiles are not loading.

What I found out so far is that it is looking here for the roaming
profile
\\servername\sharename\username.domain

USERENV(1294.12b0) 15:01:43:704 LoadUserProfile:
lpProfileInfo->lpUserName = <dougtes_s>
USERENV(1294.12b0) 15:01:43:704 LoadUserProfile:
lpProfileInfo->lpProfilePath = <\\feat\s002\basic\dougtes_s.OurDomain>

Up until now we have never had to have a folder with the domain name on
it.  Once in a while we had domain names added as extension but that was
when profiles were stuck in memory and the person was logging on a
second time.   That is not the case this time.

Right out of the gate it is appending the domain name to the end.

So my question is what can I do to prevent it from using domain
extension?

I am not sure if it is related but profiles are not unloading either (no
errors that I could find in the event log)

Regards,
Doug Stratton, Shared Service BC
Service Desk Email: 77000@xxxxxxxxx
Service Desk Tel: (250)387-7000