[THIN] Re: Roaming profile getting corrupt

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 16:42:41 -0400

*Sometimes the ntuser.dat or profile size gets too large and the profile
does not fully load. At logout the half loaded profile tries to load back
to the profile server and corrupts the profile. We saw this in our
environment at the library quite frequently.  This is one of the reasons I
had the idea and worked with WMSoftware to come up with Profile Cleaner to
reduce the size of the NTuser.dat and the rest of the profile.  We are beta
testing the product and you can have a look at info here:*
*
http://www.wmsoftware.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=233&Itemid=249
*
*This is patent pending technology and no other vendor offers anything like
it.  It is the only product that safely reduces the size of the ntuser.dat
file on a users profile. *
*This has the effect of also speeding up logons due to the smaller size of
the files to be loaded. *
*Regards,*
**
*Jim Kenzig