[THIN] Roaming profile

  • From: "Lee, David (CITY TREASURY)" <David.Lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin client listserve (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:44:15 +0100

Environment - Citrix Metaframe XPe on Win 2K SP3

I have a problem with a nasty little application that insists on writing a
folder containing an ini file into each Citrix users profile when first run.
Unfortunately the ini file contains a reference to the server name, and as
we use roaming profiles and load balanced servers, this causes a problem if
the user subsequently logs into a different server - the app refuses to
behave as the ini file entry and machine name don't match....

I'm aware you can use group policy to redirect My documents etc to another
location, but is there some way of excluding a specific named folder from a
users roaming profile?  This would force the app to create a new ini file on
each server it is run from.

Thanks in advance

David Lee

Systems Engineer
City Treasury
Plymouth City Council
Civic Centre
PL1 2AA

Tel: (01752) - 304218

DISCLAIMER
"The views expressed in this message are personal and must not be considered
to be the official views of Plymouth City Council."

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130