[THIN] Re: Roaming Profiles

  • From: "Roger Riggins" <Roger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:50:36 -0600

I usually use the TS Profiles property sheet on a Win2k DC to specify
the path for the TS profile. I also use a policy to redirect My
Documents. Their profiles are usually very small and load quickly. I've
found that if I just specify a roaming profile they're usually much
larger than a TS profile. I'm not sure what the difference is...except
maybe the TS profile is configured to be thinner and leave out the
garbage like temp internet files by default.

I would definitely keep a central location for their profiles and not
just redirect My Docs and Desktop. Your users won't want to customize
their apps every time they hit a different server. They'll end up
frustrated.

Roger Riggins, A+ MCSE CCNA CCA
ACES Systems Engineer
* 319-287-3102