[THIN] Re: Roaming Profile paths and security

  • From: Bill Beckett <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:00:48 -0400

If I'm understanding Q1 correctly, there is a GPO setting that will
handle this but I can't remember it off hand. Other option is to use
SUBINACAL

On 7/19/05, Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A few profile questions:
>
> 1) I have a shared network point where I use roaming profiles for terminal
> server users.  The users has write access to this root folder so when I
> specify the path ADU&C it can create the profile when it redirects the first
> time (saves me steps from manually creating the root profile folder).  The
> problem with this is, that it secures the users profile to that user only,
> even though the root folder has permissions for Domain Admins to have full
> control. Is there any way around this, aside from me specifying the empty
> folder first so it inherits permissions?  When the profiles redirects, will
> it change those inherited permissions anyway?
>
> 2) On the Citrix servers, where do I change the path specified that the
> profiles is copied to.  It goes to the default c:\documents and settings,
> but I want it to go to d:\documents and settings

This weeks sponsor: Softricity
Attend Camp Virtualization - Softricity Virtualization Web Seminar Series -
Featuring industry experts including Doug Brown, president of DABCC Consulting.
Wednesday, 7/27, 12-1pm EDT: The Future of Virtualization: A Roundtable
Discussion with Doug Brown & Stuart Schaefer
http://www.softricity.com/news/webinar-reg.asp?eventID=futurevirtualization