[THIN] Rightfax and Published apps

  • From: "Stuart Hall" <SHall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:48:43 -0700

Could you elaborate on this?  We have RightFax and I tried a few
combos.....but nothing panned out for us.  To use the funcitionality
Rfax either needs to be launched in the background of the published app
or launched as a separate app on the SAME server to handle the print
job.  Am I missing something?  Any clarification on what worked for you
would be much appreciated.

Msg: #7 in digest
From: Euan Cooper <Euan.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Rightfax
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:09:24 +1200

Yes - At least on 8.0 (never tried it when we were running earlier
versions).

What I had to do to make this work was set up a published app to run
FaxCtrl.exe and have the user run that before the published app they
want to
"print to fax" from (I seem to recall a tech note on the RightFax web
site
that sort of explains this).
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147