[THIN] Re: Restrict Windows Explorer

  • From: Gavan Smythe <gavsmythe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:12:14 +1000

I had a similar query recently and I addressed it much like Rob's
suggestion but I decided to set in on the HKLM level.  Never need to use
the Network icon myself:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}
DWORD 1

I set it via GPO Preferences.

With regard to the library folders, I decided to take the KISS approach and
just redirect all of those folder to the users home drive including the
Documents folder.  Simple and no need to worry about the implications of
removing or hiding those folders on a per user basis.  Then I just
configured a GPO to exclude those profile folders on logoff.

Gav

JPEG image