[THIN] Re: Restrict Windows Explorer

  • From: Rob Zielinski <rob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:57:06 +0000

You could try the following for the network location...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum\{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C}

Set the DWORD value to 1 and have the policy update the regkey.  This will
remove the Network Icon in File Explorer on Server 2008R2

Here are a couple of links too
http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=302172
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/0ef16fff-6430-4c5d-969f-eb3f5327469f/

Rob