[THIN] Re: Restore TS Licensing Server

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:02:10 -0400

I would suggest clean install and calling MS.

I think you can only pull TS licensing back from tape if you restore the
whole server. If you want to reistall OS and pull back just licensing server
I doubt it is going to work. When you activate TS Licensing server it
generates a unique string of characters. I think it will be different from
your original one when you reinstall OS.

But wait for others to reply. Somebody may have actually tried this.

Just my 0.02 cents

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems and Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.