[THIN] Re: Rerit.b

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 14:19:40 -0700

Directly form the McAfee site....

Trojan  <javascript:legendwindow('/vil/legend.htm#Charactieristics');>
Characteristics:

AVERT is currently investigating possible incorrect identification of
this Rewrit.b.  If you are observing this detection and believe it to be
incorrect, you may install the following negative extra.dat file to
suppress the detection:

*       EXTRA.DAT -
http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/135339.zip
*       SDAT (self-installing EXTRA.DAT) -
http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/sdat135339.zip

Information  <http://vil.nai.com/vil/SystemHelpDocs/Extradat.htm> about
EXTRA.DAT files

I find it interesting that Mcafee says it may not be a correct find,
once again another vote for Symantec.

Sorry to the McAfee lovers, I am not in your ranks, too many issues just
like this one.

Thank You

-Doug Rooney
Sonoma TileMakers
IT Systems Administrator
7750 Bell Rd.
Windsor Ca, 95492
(707) 837-8177 X11
(707) 837-9472 FAX
it@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the named addressee.
Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained
therein by any other person is not authorized.
If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by
returning the e-mail to the originator.