[THIN] Re: Replicate server - break mirror

  • From: Tom Howarth <tom.howarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 14:43:58 +0100

see my eariler post,  it does not work on 1650's unless you have the
all the latest firmware. and is problematical on 1750's, I repeat you
must make sure that all your firmware is at the latest releases for
you to even have a fighting chance.  that includes BIOS, and PERC
Controllers, you will not find much on Dells site about this but there
is plenty of infomation on the dell users forums.  I would suggest
that you have a very good reveiw of them before trying.  I even had a
Dell support engineer imform me that Sysprep was not supported on Dell
hardware.  all this leads me to seiously worry about the quality of
Dell, Hardware and personel.

I would only use this method with dell hardware if there was
absolutely no other method you could use.  I would (after my last
experience) consider manually building all the servers from
scratch.!!!!!!

--
Tom at home
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH