[THIN] Re: Remove right click "Scan for threats" option

  • From: Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:29:43 -0000

Angela,

You want to take a peek in :-

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ ContextMenuHandlers

You’ll likely find the option there, deleting the key removes items from
the right click that the users don’t need.

You may also want to look at

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\contextmenuhandlers

For individual files you can look at the file class to remove right click
options e.g. I’ve done a similar exercise for clients who don’t want users
to be able to print when they are working remotely: so the request was to
remove the right-click print option, done by removing:

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\[filetype]\shell\print]

To further lock down the environment (looking at file menu structures,
hiding dialogue boxes, preventing access to buttons) you’d need a third
party tool like AppSense’s Environment Manager to make that an easier
process to manage… in fact that reminds me.. I’m sure I asked for this sort
of thing to be a feature… must check if it is :?

Don’t forget to remove the option to scan network drives; don’t want your
Citrix servers doing that…