[THIN] Re: Remove Auto-created printers PS 4.0

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 08:29:12 -0400

Great thanks for the tips Rick.
-Matt

On 5/19/06, Rick Mack <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Matt,

There are a some registry Client printer flags settings, many of which are not
covered by standard Citrix printer policies, that can be used to change the
default client printer behaviour. The following is a condensed list extracted
out of the PS4 Advanced Conepts Guide:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Print\.
DefaultPrnFlags, REG_DWORD
Flags Values (can be additive)

(0x00000001)
CTXPRN_CLNTPRN_AUTOCREATE_DEFAULT_ONLY
Disable all printer creation
Can be overridden by  Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Client Printers
> Auto-creation.

(0x00000002)
CTXPRN_CLNTPRN_AUTOCREATE_LOCAL_ONLY
Only printers that appear to be local to the client are auto-created.
Can be overridden by  Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Client Printers
> Auto-creation.

(0x00000004)
CTXPRN_CLNTPRN_AUTOCREATE_NONE
Only the default client printer is auto-created
Can be overridden by Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Client Printers
> Auto-creation.

(0x00000008)
CTXPRN_DISABLE_CLIENT_PRINTER_MAPPING
Disables the SPL virtual channel and disables client printer mapping
Can be overridden by Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Client Printers
> Client printer mapping.

(0x00000010)
CTXPRN_CREATE_LEGACY_CLIENT_PRINTERS
Printer and port names derived only from the client name to be used.
Can be overridden by Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Client Printers
> Legacy client printers.

(0x00000020)
CTXPRN_AUTO_CREATE_GENERIC_UPD_PRINTER
Auto-create the generic "Citrix Universal Printer" in addition to the other
printers dictated by other auto-creation flags.

(0x00000040)
CTXPRN_DONT_AUTO_CONNECT_LPTS
Lpt ports are not mapped automatically but can still be mapped manually

0x00000080)
CTXPRN_OVERRIDE_TS_DEFAULTS
Override normal Terminal Services defaults.

0x00000100)
CTXPRN_DRIVERS_AVOID_REGULAR_DRIVERS
Don't use locally installed printer drivers for printer autocreation
Can be overridden by Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Drivers >
Universal driver.

0x00000200)
CTXPRN_DRIVERS_NO_UPD_FALLBACK
Don't use UPD
Can be overridden by Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Drivers >
Universal driver.

0x00000400)
CTXPRN_DRIVERS_ENABLE_UPD
Enable UPD
Can be overridden by Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Drivers >
Universal driver.

0x00000800)
CTXPRN_DONT_SET_DEFAULT_CLIENT_PRINTER
Don't set client's default printer as the session user's default.
Can be overriden by Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Session
printers.

(0x00001000)
CTXPRN_DISABLE_CLNTPRN_PROPS_EXCHANGE_WITH_CLIENT
Disable saving client printer settings to client device.
Overriding Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Drivers > Printer
properties retention.

(0x00002000)
CTXPRN_DISABLE_CLNTPRN_PROPS_PROFILE_SAVE_RESTORE
Disable saving client printer settings to user profile
Overriding Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Drivers > Printer
properties retention.

(0x00004000)
CTXPRN_ADMINS_CAN_MANAGE
Give Admin rights to manage oher user's autocreated printers

(0x00100000)
CTXPRN_DRIVERS_DISABLE_AUTO_INSTALL
This flag disables all automatic driver installations
Overriding Presentation Server policy rule. Printing > Drivers > Native printer
driver auto-install.

(0x00400000)
CTXPRN_DISABLE_NETWORK_PRINTER_AUTOCONNECT
Disable all printer connection additions post logon

(0x00800000)
CTXPRN_DISABLE_NETWORK_PRINTER_DISCONNECT
Disable all printer connection deletions post logon

(0x01000000)
CTXPRN_CREATE_BOTH_STD_AND_LEGACY_CLNTPRN_PORTS
Create both legacy style and standard port names.

(0x02000000)
CTXPRN_CREATE_PORTS_FOR_AUTOCREATED_CLNTPRNS_ONLY
Create ports only as needed for auto-created printers rather than for every
discovered client printer

(0x04000000)
CTXPRN_DONT_DELETE_CLNTPRN_PORTS
Do not delete client printer ports at logoff.

(0x08000000)
CTXPRN_DONT_LOG_AUTOCREATE_FAILURE
Turns off the logging of printer creation errors in the Event Log (Event ID
1006 etc)

 (0x10000000)
CTXPRN_NO_UPD_FALLBACK_FOR_DISALLOWED_DRIVER
Disable universal printer driver creation for printers whose drivers fail the
compatibility test.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack