[THIN] Remote Sessions and Printers

  • From: "Doug Rooney" <Doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:16:18 -0700

Hello,

OK, so I have 3 terminal servers (MSTSC) and a few dozen remote users,
and about 12 remote printers all networked.

Every time a user logs in on the main terminal server in printers, where
I have set up all of the printers, a new printer shows up. For example,
HP LJ 4 (From marketing) in session 11. What happens sometime is some of
my more challenged users will pick one of these to print to and really
screw things up. And unfortunately all of my remote users have
administrator privileges until I can figure out how to remove that and
them still be able to get their work done. So if anyone has detailed
instructions on the proper way to set up remote printers, and possibly
also instructions on how to make certain keys R/W by everyone, but
restrict others, that would be greatly appreciated, as I have very
little hair left and what I do have is quite grey.

Thank You

~Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Manager