[THIN] Re: Remote Printer issues

  • From: Magnus Hjorleifsson <magnus@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:58:31 -0400

How about only autocrwating the users default printer?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 15, 2009, at 14:03, Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How are the printers created? If they are auto-created client printers, then 3rd party technologies (Tricerat, Thin Print) can certainly exclude specific client printers. Not aware that Vanilla TS can do so.

If you are deliberately creating them at a network/domain level, then whatever management tools you might use at a normal, fat client level, will help you.

If they are seeing other people’s printers, it’s because you’ve made them Local Admins on the TSes – this is one of many issues you will encounter if you do make them Admins.

Nick