[THIN] Re: Re-mapping My Documents

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 22:10:05 -0700

The GPO manipulates the user shell folders key.

You can script changes to it. But a GPO may undo it.

You could get tricky with ou member ship and layer policies.

The flex profile kit might help.

I have had quirkiness with redirecting via GPO myself.  I manually set it in
the user shell folders key of the server's default profile and then
flex/roam the profile from there.

On May 27, 2011, at 9:43 PM, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

We use AD Group Policy to redirect My Documents to a network file share. I
need to be able to overwrite this setting for specific users using a login
script.  Has anyone done this before?  Im comfortable mapping normal drives
to a specific location using a drive letter but how would I map My Document
in a script to something like:

My Documents                 \\server\users\%username%

Is this possible or must I remove the GPO restriction first or create
another GPO to override it?

Thanks
Ang