[THIN] Re: Relocating user profiles

  • From: Christopher Trotier <ctrotier@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:44:39 -0700 (PDT)

The servers in our new Citrix farm only have 10GB OS drives (a fight I lost).
Since we have 80+ users, this is creating a space issue.

  I enabled a local GPO on each server to move the profiles to a share on the D
drive of each server as they are created: Local Computer Policy | Computer
Configuration | Admin Templates | Windows Components | Terminal Services | Set
Path for Roaming TS PRofiles. I added Authenticated users and Everyone to the
share.

  This is only partially working:  the profiles are still being created on C:,
but also on D:, although they are being appended with .domainname on the D
drive.  The bulk of the data is still being dumped on the C drive.  Weirder
still, the rights are not cascading down to the newly created profiles on the D
drive ? this shouldn?t be an issue, as the System and the specific user?s
accounts still have rights to them.

  Any ideas as to what I may have missed?

  thanks for your time!